Combines visual and tactile feedback with large actuation surface and intuitive symbols
The new Series 56 Universal Switch provides reliability in demanding, high-use environments. The switch features an unmistakable, distinctive click when actuated, giving a high level of user confidence.
With a large actuation surface and LED illumination, the Series 56 Universal Switch can be located quickly. The front bezel also includes a range of color options and laser engraved symbols. These features, combined with its unique design and appearance, ensures an extraordinarily high level of user comfort.
The Series 56 Universal Switch is ideal for:
- Transit buses and travel coaches
- The technology used in buildings and infrastructure
A wide range of standard, ISO 7000 or customer-specific symbols can be lasered in black onto the grey anodized symbol insets (not TSI PRM compliant). This versatility, in combination with the range of color options for the front bezel, allows an application-specific design to be produced quickly and easily. Lenses without symbols are also available.
Key advantages of the Series 56 Universal Switch include:
- Intuitive operation as a result of visual and tactile feedback
- Sealed – both front and back
- Large actuation surface and various front bezel colors
- Low mounting depth (27 mm incl. M8x1 standard connector)
- Long, reliable service life (>5 million cycles of operation)
- Standard, ISO 7000, or customer-specific laser symbols
The pushbutton provides a large actuation surface, and the enabled state of the button is signaled by green lighting which is clearly visible, even under adverse light conditions. When the button is pushed, the user receives multi-sensory feedback that includes an audible and tactile click sound. The clear visible red LED and green illumination offers additional assurance. The standard M8 connector (M8x1, 6-pin) and low mounting depth (27mm) provides easy plug-and-play installation.