12 Jun Advanced Interconnections SIP Sockets & Adapters featuring Peel-A-Way® Removable Terminal Carriers
Advanced Interconnections’ high quality, dependable Single In-line Package (SIP) Sockets, Adapters, and Headers are designed with robust screw-machined terminals for superior performance.
SIP Sockets and Adapters from Advanced are easily customized with a variety of insulator options, including Peel-A-Way® Removable Terminal Carriers, molded Solid Strips, and molded Snap Strips. The Snap Strips are breakable at .100/(2.54mm) increments to ensure you always have the right size strip on-hand. All models feature our screw-machined terminals with multi-finger contacts for proven reliability and performance.
- Automated assembly compliant
- Tapered entry for ease of insertion
- Wide range of patterns and terminal styles, from 2 to 100 positions
- Solder Preform terminals available for mixed SMT and thru-hole process applications
- Closed bottom sleeve for 100% anti-wicking of solder
- Optional Tape Seal on terminals protects contacts from contamination during board processing
- RoHS compliant insulators and terminals are compatible with lead-free processing – select either Matte Tin or Gold plating
Peel-A-Way® Removable Terminal Carriers
Typical Applications: Eliminate hand-loading of pins, facilitate solder joint visibility, low profile component mounting or board mating
- Place socket on PC board
- Send PC board and socket through soldering operation
- Peel away polyimide film carrier for complete solder joint visibility or leave in place for added stability
Typical Applications: R&D labs, testing, repair, job shops, distributors; anywhere a variety of SIP socket or adapter sizes (pin counts) are needed.
- Simplify inventory by keeping strips on hand and easily “snapping” to the exact size needed
- Available with a wide variety of socket terminals or adapter pins
- Breakable at .100/(2.54mm) increments
- Available in 20, 30, or 32 positions
Solder Preform Terminals
Typical Applications: Intrusive reflow, eliminate need for wave soldering on mixed SMT/Through-hole boards
- Combines the labor of socket loading and solder application into one operation
- Eliminates use of solder paste and the screening operation
- Eliminates solder bridges and/or solder shorts due to excess solder
- Ensures a reliable solder joint with controlled solder volume
- Ideal for surface mount and mixed technology applications
Typical Applications: Harsh environments, long term storage, applications that call for spray flux
- Removable tape seal protects plated contacts in harsh environments.
- Sealed socket will not allow contaminants to enter socket chamber and become entrapped behind contact fingers.
- Spray flux without contaminating contact area.
- Material: Silicone backed polyimide film, -74° C to 260° C (-100° F to 500° F), intermittent to 371° C (700° F).
HHP is honored to serve as a manufacturer’s rep for Advanced Interconnections, a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, technologically advanced interconnect solutions.